Wednesday, March 1, 2023

LTCCB Home Decor


Time for another challenge at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog. This is a six week challenge for any project you create. Do you love to craft? So do I! In fact, I don't know what type of crafting is my favorite!


If you follow me here, on YouTube or IG, you'll remember these cute Valentine's heart containers I bought from the Dollar Tree. I had another idea so I went back to the DT to grab more and there was only one pack left! To see the original post, click HERE.


People, if you see something you like at the Dollar Tree, do not hesitate to buy it! There have been plenty of times when I return to the store to buy something I passed up earlier and they were sold out!

The reason I went back is I thought these would be cute painted in neutral colors to be hung up as year round decor. This was a easy project. In fact, the hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry!

Before painting the hearts, I lightly sanded them so the paint will adhere better. I painted two in white and two in black for some variety. I used a dry brush technique to add some black to the white hearts to give it a weathered/antiqued look. Honestly, it didn't give me the effect I was hoping for, but I didn't feel like adding another paint layer.

Once completely dried, I added vinyl words that I cut using scrap vinyl & my Cricut; then added a variety of different "pretties" to finish them off.  And by "pretties", you can see that I used a variety of neutral & black twine, wooden beads/spool and ribbon to them.

What do you think about these? Nice, right? Which do you like better? I can't decide - I love them all!


I hung mine up on my Art Wall, but you can easily omit the twine part and tuck these hearts in a bowl or container.

Be sure to link your creative project to the LTCCB site before the April 15th deadline! Remember, this can be any crafty project. Do you sew, paint, scrapbook, etc?  All crafty projects are welcome and encouraged! This site is for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!