Friday, March 17, 2023

Baseball Shaker Card; CutCardStock

 

It's time to share another DT project that was created using CutCardStock papers. I absolutely love the variety and quality of the paper and the prices are amazing too! Be sure to check out the store for all your cardstock needs! 

Baseball is a big thing in our household. We hate - yes, it is a strong word but completely accurate - LA when it comes to sports and if you're a SF Giants fan, you know what I'm talking about.

But...a good friend asked if I could create a birthday card for a LA Dodgers fan. You can only imagine my first reaction but then took a deep breath and decided that I could do it. I searched for free Dodgers' logo SVGs and found Worldvectorlogo.  It downloaded perfectly and since I'm only using it for personal use, I figured it was fine.

With the logo and baseball stitches cut from Cricut Access, I made this fun shaker card and it is perfect for the fan.


I used three colors of cardstock from CCS - Cougar Smooth White, Blast Off Blue and Red.


The front panel was also cut using the Cricut since it had the circle cutout. You can certainly use a punch if you want.


After adhering the clear transparency to the back of the front panel, I used liquid adhesive to apply the logo over the top.


I used two layers of foam adhesive to create a deep well for my homemade shaker bits. I used blue glitter, sequins, and beads, silver star and red heart confetti to create a fun combination! Once the shaker bits are added, I add an extra piece of clear transparency to close the shaker. This makes it so much easier to place the front panel to the cardbase.


Check out the YouTube video:

Check out the CutCardStock Blog for more paper inspirations!

And before I end the post...Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!