Friday, March 3, 2023

Blue Birthday Balloons Card; Rainbow Card Challenge & CutCardStock

Today is Day 5 of the Rainbow Card Challenge that I created for myself.  If you're interested in seeing all the cards of this challenge, be sure to use the Challenge label on the bottom right.



Today's color of the rainbow is BLUE. I made this fun accordion card using all blue cardstock from CutCardStock. I used four different shades of blue for the card panels and balloons!

Check out the CutCardStock blog post HERE. If you've never been to the blog, you will be so inspired by so many cardstock projects! Be sure to click to the website for all your cardstock needs.

Pop Tone Sno Cone, Pop Tone Berrylicious, Blast Off Blue and Lt. Blue were used as well as blue patterned paper from my 6x6 paper stash.


The Happy Birthday balloons were stamped using archival ink and colored in with a variety of blue alcohol markers. The video will show you how I made the envelope/box that is on the front panel.

Here's a look at the inside:

Check out the video:

I designed the card in Cricut Design Space to make three sets of two balloons. They overlap in the middle to create the accordion.



I strongly recommend using liquid glue to put this together since there's a lot of wiggling to get things straight and matched up.


I watched a video from Jennifer McGuire to get the basic idea and found it to be very easy! She used a die for her accordion but I decided to use my Cricut. Now, I realized after I cut everything out that I didn't really need to cut the balloons in three 2 balloon sets. I could have just made one 4 balloon set. I tried making it that way (listen to my YT video to understand this more) and this is how it turned out:

This is also my featured card in my Monthly Card Kit for March. So colorful & so cute!


Be sure to follow my YouTube channel to see more posts for this challenge and others!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!