This is a scheduled post since I'm in Vegas and today is my son's wedding day! In honor of the wedding and all the love in the air, I created this canvas.
This canvas is a Design Team project for Bloom Art
I haven't worked on a canvas in a long time, so I thought I'd do one this week. I bought a couple of these 5x5 canvases a long time ago and I finally decided to use one.
|All You Need Is Love|
I actually remembered to take photos of each step. I'm so proud of myself LOL. So here you go:
1. First I chose three colors to work with - teal, lt. green and pink. Then I gathered different mediums of these colors to work with. (many times I don't use all the mediums selected)
2. I painted a light coat of water on top of the canvas before dripping teal re-inker all over the canvas. Once it started moving around a bit (because of the water), I blotted it with a paper towel.
3. I mixed the lt. green acrylic paint with some clear texture paste and applied with a spatula over a stencil.
4. I tore a piece of paper out of an old poem book and adhered it to the bottom left of the canvas and smeared some left over paint over it to blend it in some.
5. I used the starburst image from the Bloom Art Element Set #2 stamps and gold paint to stamp all over the canvas.
6. I spritzed some pink distress ink spray on the canvas. In some areas, I let it drip a little.
7. BTW, I'm applying all the left over ink, paint, etc., on a page in my art journal for a future project. Here's what that looks like so far:
8. Next I stamped more marks around the canvas using the same Bloom Art Stamps
Elements #2 Set. Do I need to remind you that this set is designed by me? I use these stamps all the time and just love them!
I used the starburst, both bubble wraps, the group of random marks and the smaller double circle images for this project using black & white ink pads, white and gold acrylic paints.
9. I cut a heart out of scrap paper and adhered to the center of the canvas. Looking good!!
10. Created a shadow by drawing around the heart with a black Stabilo pencil and smearing with both my finger and a waterbrush. Then stamped the random marks on the heart with white ink.
11. I thought I was done but decided to stamp "All You Need Is Love" on the lower right corner. Originally I wanted a clear impression but when I placed it on the canvas it smeared so I kept on stamping in that area to make it look like I did it on purpose. LOL Did it work?
12. To finish the piece, I ran my black archival ink pad along the upper right corner and off stamped the sentiment in the upper center as well. Then I shook up my Heidi Swapp gold ink spray a lot before splattering all over the canvas.
I didn't take a photo of the back, but I did stamp a full impression of the sentiment since that is what I named the piece.
I hope you enjoyed the step by step process of the canvas. To purchase the Elements #2
Set, click on over to Bloom Art Stamps
. I also designed two other sets which I love as well. I tried to focus on using just one of the sets for this project.