Thursday, July 27, 2023

CutCardStock; TomKat Strut Title Page


This layout is the title page for an I'm creating for the First Annual TomKat Strut (read more about it below).

Although this title page was pretty simple, it still took some time to figure out what I was doing! I don't usually make title pages for my albums but my nephew created the graphic for the strut and the single photo was perfect to introduce the album!


I searched walk, race and marathon in Cricut Design Space and used images I thought would work. I used CutCardStock in Black Licorice, Wedding Cake White, Red, Blue from the Pop Tone Assortment Pack and the yellow patterned paper for the larger walking person image. Get access to the Design Space file here.


I matted the photo in Glama Brown Kraft cardstock to coordinate with the tan in the photo. Basically just trimmed down the Marathon patterned paper to 11x11 and then centered the title & photo.

Watch the YouTube process video to see how it was put together and how I created a pocket to slide in the invitation post to the family.


Products Used:
All cardstock is from CutCardStock (see colors above)
Carnival/Circus Themed Patterned Paper is from my stash. I tried to find a company name, but didn't see one. I want to say it's from Stampin' Up!, but I'm not sure.
Marathon Paper from Scrapbook Customs
Beach Ball Blue Color Silk splash from FSJ (Spellbinders)

Be sure to check out the CutCardStock Blog for so much paper crafting inspiration from cards, party and home decor, scrapbooking layouts and so much more!

Virtual Marathon Details:
My family and I started a virtual 50k marathon named, TomKat Strut to honor the memory of my nephew Tommie. Tommie died in a tragic accident during the Covid Quarantine/Shut Down and we were unable to have any type of memorial service for him.

With virtual marathons becoming a thing and with family being spread out across the US (mostly CA but there are a few out of state), we thought this would be a great way to get "together" in his honor.

If you're interested, you can read more HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!