Wednesday, July 19, 2023

CCS Winter Scene Box Card

I have never created a Christmas project in July even though I hear the term "Christmas in July" all the time. But...there's always a first. Check out the CutCardStock Blog Post to see my project on their blog too.

I purchased this SVG from Lori Whitlock last year thinking I was going to make them for Christmas, but things didn't work out that way. I decided to create it now instead.

Here's the final project:


And here's how I made it:
The first thing after uploading the file into Cricut Design Space is to change the lines that should be score lines from cut to score. Once that is done, attach them.

Then, select the color cardstock and have them ready for cutting. I used Blast Off Blue, Wedding Cake White, Hot Fudge Brown, and Pop Tone Black Licorice, Wild Cherry Red, Gumdrop, Granny Smith and Sour Apple Greens all from CutCardStock.


Score each lines and layer each piece where it's needed.
Assemble the box by using a strong double-sided adhesive or liquid glue.


Use the tabs on the inside pieces as a guide for placement.


I don't have writing capability on my Cricut so I used a fine point black pen to write the sentiment for the card front.

Be sure to check out the CutCardStock for paper project inspiration and amazing deals on your cardstock needs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!