Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Thanks Card Using a Sketch

I found a lot of paper scraps on my work area which I used to create the background on this card. Originally I thought it was just going to sit on my desk for just as long as those scraps did, but then I saw this sketch from Stick It Down.

All I needed to do was add a banner and create a focal point for the card front.

I grabbed an older pumpkin stamp from Stampin Up! and stamped a bunch on a piece of paper. I also stamped some on a different piece that I planned to fussy cut. I used a water brush to color the pumpkins; did some random stamping and added some brown color splash to add some more visual interest to the focal point. I love how it turned out AND I was able to use some paper scraps too!


I layered and adhered the three fussy cut pumpkins on the lower edge and used foam adhesive to the middle one to give that a little lift.

A banner punch with "thanks" stamped on it fits perfectly on the top and follows the sketch!

Go to the Stick It Down blog to see more inspiration and get more sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!