Saturday, July 15, 2023

SNS Layout Sketch #277


Sketch n Scrap sketch #277


This is a fairly simple sketch but I decided to do something different with it. Instead of a solid piece of paper on the left side, I played around with the Frankenstein technique. What's the Frankenstein technique, you ask? Well basically, you create a new piece of paper using bits and pieces of other papers. Check out the YouTube video showing how I put my Frankenstein paper together:


SO MUCH FUN and I loved how the layout turned out.


I'm still working on my photos from our 2020 road trip from CA-UT-AZ-CA and it's so fun looking back at them. I'm almost done scrapbooking the photos which means another road trip is due!  :)




All the stickers with the exception of the one in the middle right (Saguaro) are from a sticker pack I bought at a Five Below store. They were a great find and so pretty! The black & brown labels were bought from Joanne's years - I mean years - ago.


I used the Cricut to cut the letters for my title. I completely forgot to write down the font so I apologize for it.  I used a finepoint pen to outline the letters before adhering them to the layout. And I'm happy to say, I used my T-square ruler to help with placement. 


Before I forget, I also added some walnut ink to the Frankenstein piece to tone it down a bit and give it a natural look. What do you think? 

Be sure to use this sketch and link up your layout to the Sketch n Scrap blog or join the FaceBook group. There are so many great sketches and challenges going on over there!



1 comment:

  1. I love this technique Dorlene! I need to try it soon! Your layout is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!