Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer of Color Week 6 and Some Sports Trivia

This is the last color challenge on the Twinkle Twinkle Summer of Color series.  This week the colors are ORANGE + ORANGE + BLUE.


At first I thought, "geez, this is a Met's fan dream come true" but since I'm not a Met's fan, I had to think of something else.


Sports Trivia:  The Met's team colors is a combination of the Brooklyn Dodger's blue and the New York Giant's orange.  When the two teams moved to California, the Met's were created and they wanted to incorporate both past New York teams.


Ok, back to the challenge.  I used two inkpads, Bashful Blue and Tangerine Tango from Stampin' Up.  I also grabbed used orange acrylic paint.


The daisies are a digi stamp from Lila Grey Stamps.  I printed them on a piece of white cardstock and regular copy paper.  I created a mask with the copy paper and placed it on top of the flowers on the cardstock.  After that, I sponged both the orange and blue inks around the page.  I used my new stencils to create some dimension around the page - mini punchinella (orange paint) and letter stencil (white acrylic paint).  I then removed the mask and added orange ink to the centers of the daisies.  I used my white Wink of Stella marker to add sparkle to the flower petals and some black ink lines around the page.


Voila!







Click here for more info on the digi stamps:  Lila Grey Stamps
Click here for the challenge blog:  SOC
Click here if you'd like to see more of Stampin' Up! products.  This is my demonstrator, but you can always find someone local in the directory.

6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The flowers are so beautiful!! I love the dimension you added with the stencils!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Lovely. Such a softness and calmness with daisies. Very nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorlene, I just read your profile...Patterson, CA.... I was born and raised in Turlock CA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful work! I completely love what you've done here with the digis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work of art! I love how you masked the digi stamp and your background is amazing! You used this week's SOC colors beautifully! I just became a follower of your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!