Thursday, July 30, 2015

Road Trip Mini Vacation

I have been in a funk lately and need a vacation so bad!  Besides taking a day off here and there, I haven't had a long vacation since last year.  I hate taking time off just to stay home since I don't feel like I'm getting time off.  You know the true statement, "Moms never get a day off".  That's me.  Even though my husband and children are all old enough to take care of themselves, I convince myself that I have to do the cooking and all the other "mom" stuff which = NO REST and NO VACATION.

Kenny and I are taking off this weekend to Palm Springs.  It's a five to six hour drive so basically a ROAD TRIP!  We don't have any plans, just relaxing in and by the pool and not a whole lot of anything else.  It's probably not a good time to go south since it's supposed to be 108+ degrees.  (It's supposed to be 103 at home so what's the difference, right?)  BUT...it's a dry heat LOL  I just want to be in a place where I don't need to worry about cooking or cleaning!  Now that's my idea of a great vacation!  There are lots of  art museums and I hope to visit at least one, but not a big deal if I don't...again...no plans.  LOL

Of course, you know I cannot go anywhere without some art supplies.  I do plan on bringing some stuff and hope to do something artsy.  I already googled scrapbook stores and found a couple.  I don't know if we'll stop or they are even on the same path that we're going, but it'll be fun if we get to stop.


Until then...

We're Back:
It actually got up to 115 degrees on Saturday.  We had fun!
(some of my doodles and art supply box)

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe, wonderful trip!! It sounds like so much fun!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!