Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bad Girls

I love the lyrics to the song "BAD GIRLS" by Tennis and knew I'd use this particular part of the song on something at some point.


I bought some 8x10 canvases over the weekend and started painting until I got to a point that I liked.  Believe it or not, this was much more colorful when I first wrote the words, but it wasn't centered and I did not like it.  So I painted over it with white acrylic paint, let it dry and rewrote it.  I added some pink polka dots and another layer of white paint between letters to cover some of the old marks.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this...probably try to sell it or gift it to someone....hmmm...where my bad girls at???  LOL



I am posting this on the SCS Mixability Challenge because I did do some crackle painting on both the upper left and lower right corners.  I used my crackle paint but didn't wait long enough between coats for it to crackle much so I ended up using my crackle background stamp from SU!









Products used:  assorted acrylic paints, black and slate inks, black and gray Sharpie markers, white gel pen, script and crackle background stamps; texture paste and lots of doodling.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is gorgeous!! The details, colors, design - all fabulous!! What a work of art!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!