Monday, July 27, 2015

Life Happens

Cosmos is the October flower of the month in the Lila Grey Digi Stamps available on the website below and/or Etsy shop.

I printed the flower on the right hand corner of white cardstock.  I followed the Tuesday color challenge on SCS which is Tempting Turquoise, Smokey Gray and Crushed Curry.  I only had the TT but used Granite Gray acrylic paint and Honey CTMH inkpad and alcohol marker.  I did need to use green for the flower stems but besides a little black and white, just stuck to these three colors.

I spread watered down gray paint around the flower and entire page.  Once dried, I randomly stamped some turquoise ink around the page using the Gorgeous Grunge Stampin' Up set.  I used a blending pen to "paint" the flower in honey ink and used the coordinating alcohol marker to darken around the edges and inside lines in the flower.

I used a circle stencil to add gray circles on the top right side of the page and doodled around them with a black BIC pen.  Stamped some background dots on the flower and around the page using the appropriate color ink.  Then I sprinkled watered down white acrylic paint around the page.  After everything dried, I stamped the sentiment.




October Flower of the Month:  Lila Grey Stamps
Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge:  Splitcoaststampers

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the background!! The flowers are so pretty!! What a stunning work of mixed media this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!