Sunday, July 12, 2015

My Cup Runneth Over

I had this idea so I made two pieces.  Both are basically the same, but just a little different.  The tea cup and pot stamps are from the Tea Party set from Lila Grey Stamps.  The words "joy", etc are from SU!.  I love how it really does look like the tea pot is pouring out JOY.

The base paper is a tag book that I received from Rubber Paws.  I used CTMH alcohol markers to color in and shadow the cup and pot.  The sentiments are both written using a black Sharpie.

I could have stopped there, but with my mixed media frenzie in full force, it just looked too clean.  So I added white acrylic paint and a punchinella stencil to add the white dots all over.  Then I used a fine point BIC pen and just sort of squiggled around.

Here are the two together:

And each one alone:



I'm submitting this on the Simon Says Monday Challenge site.  Click here to see the challenge and entries.

Lila Grey Stamp Site

2 comments:

  1. They are both so gorgeous!! I love, love how you used the sentiment to look like tea pouring out!! The mixed media details you added are perfect!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning! Love them both! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!