Thursday, July 23, 2015

She Wears Pink

I know I really need to learn more about my camera and videos, but for now, I have created two videos, one on a time-lapse and the other the traditional way.  I didn't realize the time-lapse video would be so quick!  LOL


This first video shows the process of the mixed media page and some of my tools.  Unfortunately, it is really fast and you can't really see all the tools so I took a photo of the tools I used for this page.  What I love about these "tools" is that they aren't anything special.  All discarded or homemade items that are used to make cool marks on my mixed media pieces.

I'm having a hard time uploading the second video but hopefully I can figure out how to upload successfully.  I had to chop the beginning and may need to chop more.  I decided to forget about this one for now.  If I figure it out later, I'll add it but I am getting frustrated.


I had a little bit of a creative block, but I ended up really liking it and even make an adjustment or two to the final product.

I'm entering this project on the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.  Click HERE to go there and check it out.  The July challenge is to use household items for your "stamps".  I think this qualifies.  LOL



AND...I'll be researching aps soon.  If you know of one or have any helpful hints, I'd love to hear about it!


And here's the photos of the tools and the final product.  I wasn't sure about the wording on the final product until I added the pink ribbon to her dress.  Now...I love it.  My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and two close girlfriends are breast cancer survivors.


(Bubble wrap, old gift card, glue gun mask, straw, empty adding machine tape roll, old toothbrush, punched circles on a baby shower invitation/stencil, script stamp)









2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a gorgeous page this is!! The background looks amazing!! I love all of the detail!! The prima doll is fabulous!! Love, love this!! I'm on a slow internet connection at the moment and it won't let me play the video, but I'll check back when I'm home to watch!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dorlene - this is awesome!!! Love your beautiful background!
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!