Monday, July 20, 2015

Have Hope

I don't use digi stamps very often because I'm not really thrilled with my coloring.  I was asked to try some out for the Lila Grey Stamps Design Team so of course I jumped at the chance.  I do like to try new things and this was one of them.  Instead of coloring in the image, I made another Mixed Media piece using the packing tape transfer technique.  Which happened to be the Mixability Challenge on Split Coast Stampers this week.


I used the October Flower of the Month digi image.  I printed the image on regular copier paper.  I transferred the image onto packing tape.  You can pretty much look it up anywhere but basically, you print an image on a copier.  Then you cover the image sticky side down with clear packing tape; soak the tape/image in warm water.  Once the entire image is wet; pull it out and start rubbing the paper off.  Keep on doing it until you remove all the paper.


I do not own a gelli plate but I've noticed it a lot on Pinterest and other websites.  I usually don't just jump on all phases until I feel like I can't live without it.  I do not feel that way about it (yet).



BUT, I do like the idea of creating on a base and then using that to make backgrounds so...I used a piece of glass from an old frame and added paints, etc until I liked what I saw.  Then I placed the packing tape image sticky side down onto the glass; rubbed a little to picked up the paints and then put it aside to dry (sticky side up).


While that was drying, I grabbed a page from an old dictionary and splotched some ink and other marks on it.  Once that dried, I adhered the packing tape pieces to it.


Just a few more things here and there, stamped the sentiments and all done!




Link to Lila Grey Stamps
Splitcoaststampers


Have a great week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!