Thursday, December 10, 2020

12 Days of Christmas Tags 2020; Day TEN

Day 10 and only a few more tags to go to complete the 12 Days of Christmas Tags series. Today's tag was a mostly recycled project. 

My lunch from Panera was in the beautiful paper bag and I had to keep it.

I cut out some basic triangles for Christmas trees out of it. The tag bases and stars were from a thin cardboard piece that was included with some paper that I purchased years ago. I kept it for so long and finally remembered that I had it. After cutting the stars with my Cricut, I used the crimper...yes, I said crimper to give these a corrugated cardboard look.
Splattered some watered down white acrylic paint on them & punched a hole at the top.
To add color to the tags, I used my stamp roller to add three different layers of stamped images. The first layer are holiday words in Cranberry Crisp ink, swirls & stars in Honey, and another layer of stars in Copper Metallic ink.

I pulled out tools that I haven't used in for..ev..er.


I glued the "trees" directly on the tags with some wet adhesive, added a ribbon, tied the star & bells with twine and punched the banner with a punch. It’s hard to see from the photos but the center of the banners are adhered with foam adhesive to give it more dimension.

GIVEAWAY ALERT:
I hope you've been following the series and leaving comments each day. At the end of the series, I will gather all the commenters, put their name for a drawing. The person picked will receive a set of one of each of the 12 tags in the 2020 series. Be sure to leave a comment every day for more chances to win.

If you're interested in seeing tags from previous years, click on the 12 Days of Christmas Tags label on the lower right.  

Good luck and Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!