Friday, March 15, 2024

Sketch n Scrap Layout Sketch #293


Normally, I like to say that I'm a scrapbooker who makes cards but lately I've really been more of a cardmaker that sometimes scrapbooks. I guess there's no surprise that I'm behind in my scrapbooking!


Well, to help get started with creating a layout, I love using sketches. This sketch from Sketch n Scrap was perfect for some selfies of my oldest granddaughter. I must have left my phone unattended because when I checked my photos later, I saw these silly photos of her.

She's probably going to hate this layout but hey, that's the price you pay when taking selfies on grandma's phone. Especially when you know she's a scrapbooker!


I used a paper & sticker pack from Close To My Heart called Wet Paint. It's so fun for a preteen/teenage vibe. Adding pink as the cardstock base really gave this a feminine look and helped coordinate it to her shirt.

I cut the blue vertical strip at 4.5x11 and the heart graffiti strip at 3.5x11. As you can see in the YouTube process video, the black/white checked paper is .75" and about 8" long but I did some magic to extend that piece. Here are some closeups of the two embellishment clusters:



The acrylic pieces were part of the Wet Paint collection and add some cool dimension. I added pink and black splatter all over the layout as well as some bright enamel dots. So fun!

Check out the video:


Be sure to check out the Sketch n Scrap Blog for all the sketches and inspiration. There's also a Facebook page if you prefer that.

NOTE: It's going to be interesting to learn more about the future of CTMH products, etc. I've been hearing rumors but not sure of what is true or not. I guess I'll wait and see. Either way, I'm a fan of Stampin Up! as well so...win-win for me.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!