Thursday, February 23, 2023

Family Layout; CutCardStock


Oh, this layout went through a lot of changes but I'm so happy with the result. I love the grungy patterned paper that I used and so happy that I let that one piece of paper direct the entire layout.

My sister-in-law came to visit us for a few days last year and I'm so glad we took photos. This layout started with Basis Red cardstock from CutCardStock. I decided to mat the red with Wedding Cake White cardstock. Before adhering the red to the white, I gutted the middle of the white cardstock so I can use it later.

Watch the YouTube video to see how to gut your mat & find out when it's a good idea to do so.

I followed a sketch by Scrap Our Stash and added a piece of patterned paper across the layout. That paper was matted using white cardstock and a scallop punch.


After matting each photo, I placed them over the patterned paper.

Now here's when things took a turn...I originally cut a cute heart with flowers inside to use as the main embellishment. I just couldn't get into it. It didn't look right. I realized pretty quickly that this cutesy heart didn't coordinate with the grungy patterned paper. So I grabbed a brick background stamp and red ink and randomly stamped in the bottom right and upper left corners of the layout.

Once that dried, I added both black and white splatter in those same areas.

Now to find a heart that actually coordinates with the grungy style. I cut a scribbly heart with my Cricut and a piece of Basis Black cardstock. Before cutting it out, I sliced out the word "family" from the inside of the heart.

It was a little tough to put together but I just used the image on my screen to adhere the pieces in the right spots.

Check out the YouTube process video to see how this is all put together.


All cardstock is from CutCardStock and patterned paper, ink, stamp and embellishments are from my stash.

Be sure to check out this project on the CutCardStock blog as well as many other paper projects that will inspire you!

Be sure to also check out the Scrap Our Stash challenge site. They have great sketches and challenges each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!