Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Blessings Shaker Card; CutCardStock


I have a fun project today featuring cardstock from CutCardStock. Anytime you order using this link, I get a little bit of a commission - no extra cost for you!  Have you ever made a shaker card? They are so fun and easy. I have a YouTube process video below so go check it out!

I made this custom card for a friend years ago and she needs a few more. She loved it so much, she wanted the same design. Good thing you can save projects in Cricut Design Space. I did change a few things and if you continue reading, I'll let you know.

Here's the final project:

And here are the details:
The crosses were cut using a cross image from the New Testament collection in Design Space. All of the colors used are listed below and are from CutCardStock.


The nice thing about these images is that there are notches/lines on the cross base that help lineup the shadows.

So here is where I made a change, on the original card (you can see the post HERE), I cut the banner with cardstock and then stamped the word "blessings". This is fine but one of the letters moved a little. I had to restamp a couple of times before I was satisfied with the end result.

For these cards, I used a banner image and typed the word "bles" and "sings" using the same font & size. The reason why I separated the word in two is because I used the Curve Tool to slightly curve each section since the banner curved differently.

Once the word fit in the banner, I used the Flatten button to flatten the image so I could use the Print & Cut feature in Design Space. 

I know it seems like more work, but it looks so good! And, like I mentioned above, I can save the project to use again and again. No smearing ink; no stamp movement and no guessing where to start & end the letters! Click HERE to get the project on Design Space.

Before putting the shaker card together, I added some color splashes to the top left corners of each oval frame.  I also cut two pieces of slightly smaller 4 x5.25 pieces of clear transparency for each card to hold all the shaker bits. I adhere one to the back of the oval frame and then the other is attached after adding foam adhesive and filling with shaker bits. This creates a pocket and makes it easier to place on the cardbase. I used Cougar Smooth White Cardstock for the banners, card bases and shaker card base (oval frames). This is by far the best white cardstock I have used and I highly recommend it!

If you want to check out the CutCardStock Blog post click HERE.

The remaining steps are probably best explained through the process video below:






One of the coolest things to do when creating shaker cards is creating the shaker bits. I don't know about you, but I have a lot of sequins, glitter, confetti flakes, beads, etc., to make thousands of shaker cards! I use a small container and then add all the pretties together to make a perfect combination. So sparkly and pretty!

Color Cardstock Used (all CutCardStock products):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!