Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Happy Easter; CutCardStock Layout


I love these multi color titles and cuts that can be created using my Cricut. Yes, of course it can be a lot but the outcome is so cute! Here's a perfect example of an adorable title using 10 different colored pieces of cardstock.

All the cardstock was from CutCardStock including the marble base page (see below for the list of colors).

This Marble Robin's Egg cardstock is perfect for Easter photos. It reminds me so much of marbled Easter eggs. I wish I could do something that fantastic on my eggs!


I used two coordinating 6x6 patterned papers and adhered them in the middle of the 12x12 base. Well, not exactly the middle, but about 2" down from the top. 

Once I did that, I arranged the title and other embellishments around the page to create a visual triangle. I cut down the three 4x6 photos so that they would all fit within the 6" band. I decided to mat the photo of my son & his family to give it a little more weight.

After looking closely at the layout so far, I realized that the matted photo was too white heavy on the left side so I cut white cardstock into journaling strips and placed those on the bottom right . Then created a "tab" for the top right side by rounding the top two corners of a scrap piece of white cardstock using a corner rounder. Yup, it definitely looks balanced now.



So now what? It still needed a little something...I grabbed a piece of Pink Carnation cardstock also from CutCardStock and cut two 1/4" strips to add to the top and bottom of the layout. Since I already adhered the carrot on the bottom right, I carefully pulled it up and then put it back on top of the strip.

Pink splashes finishes the layout! I love how bright and happy the layout turned out. Check out the CutCardStock Blog Post HERE.


This was Daisy's first year of really getting into finding the eggs. She had fun. So much fun that she wanted us to hide them again and again for days afterwards.

But what I won't tell you is although we had a great time with the family, when we peeled the eggs to eat them, they were still pretty raw in the inside.  UGH!  I put them back in a pan to boil but then the colors all ran together and they ended up being too hard. You gotta laugh at these types of things!
 

CutCardStock Papers Used:
Pop Tone:  Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum, Pink Lemonade, Orange Fizz, Banana Split, Lemon Drop, Limeade, Sour Apple, Gumdrop Green, Berrylicious and Blue Raspberry
Basis:  Gold and Aqua
Other:  Marble Robin's Egg, Pink Carnation and Cougar Smooth White

Patterned Papers: Stampin Up and Taylored Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!