Monday, June 1, 2020

Love To Craft Challenge Blog; June


As always, the challenge theme at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog is anything goes. This month I recycled an 8x8 canvas.  Of course I forgot to take a photo of the original canvas but it was a couple of flowers which I didn’t hate, but I wasn’t completely happy with it.

So...I covered it with two coats of white gesso.
You can slightly see the flowers still but that’s ok. It just adds interest to the final piece. I saw a step by step tutorial on how to draw a pig on Pinterest from the www.fromthepond.com site. It’s actually for school children, but I thought it was super cute!
I drew an image in pencil and then used white, lt pink and a darker pink to mix & blend to paint the details.

I used gelatos in two different teals and dark blue to add color around the painted pig.
I also used my favorite script stamp & black ink here - there and everywhere. I added some white circles on his head to prepare for some flowers.
I added some yellow splashes, white & black dots as well as some green ones around the leaves. Before I was done, I stamped “oink” in a couple of areas and the side of the canvas.



How cute is this piggy? I love the way it turned out!

Now it’s your turn. Create something...anything...and link it to the LTCCB before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!