Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Junk Journal Spread

Here's another two page spread in the Junk Journal I completed. I have so many unfinished pages within the six signatures. It's a lot of fun to go through them and complete pages especially when I just want to get messy.

This spread started by writing a personal encouraging message to myself - scribbling it messily across both pages. Then I divided the spread diagonally in half by using acrylic paint.
Most of the medium was acrylic paints, but I did add some pencil and gelato sticks to add some marks and shading.

I have absolutely no idea what encouraged the images on the spread- I just started painting and one thing led to another.

Without revealing what I wrote to myself, it was basically the two roles I play in my life - one as caretaker of our family but also to myself and this symbolizes the two roles and how they interact with each other. Basically one more revealing and the other more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!