Friday, July 27, 2018

Celebrating Family with Quick Quotes

Hi there, today I'm sharing a layout I made using the Whistlin Dixie paper collection by Quick Quotes.

We took these photos on Mother's Day and I'm just now finding time to scrap them. Even though these photos are basically the same thing, I still wanted to incorporate both of them on this page.
I love using paper collections since everything coordinates and makes it quick & easy to create a layout using multiple patterned papers. I did not use any solid cardstock on this layout since the backside of the polka dots papers were semi-solid.
I used Cool Gray to stamp "Happy Mother's Day" all over the yellow paper.
I wanted it to look like part of the paper - blend in.
Once I knew the photo placement, I stamped it again in black.


Before placing the pieces of patterned papers to the layout base, I inked all edges with a coordinating color. I cut out the banners from the coordinating Whistlin Dixie 500 sheet and inked all edges. These are adhered using 3D foam dots. The two topiaries were an afterthought and I love how they look. I inked the pot in Cool Gray and the three "bushes" in Cactus, Light Moss and Key Largo PowderPuff Chalk Inks.

I used seven different PowderPuff Chalk Inks for this layout. I have decided that Sandy Shore is going to be my GO TO ink. It coordinates with all colors of papers and gives edges a soft look. Love it!


If you haven't had a chance, go to the Quick Quotes Blog and check out this post as well as many other talented people. They post a new project every day.

I love how their blog is simply called...Blog Quick Quotes and their shop is simply...Shop Quick Quotes.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Whistlin Dixie Paper Collection
Whistlin Dixie 500
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Key Largo, Cactus, Light Moss, Cool Gray, Bermuda, Lipstick, Sandy Shore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!