Friday, September 3, 2021

TGIF; Thankful Friday #192


Happy Thankful Friday! This week we had sad news that two close friends have passed away. One was completely unexpected - a friend of many, many years and the other was our friend's 98 year old mother. Both were really hard to hear and I'm extremely sensitive & mournful this week.

Which leads me to what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for memories we get to keep of these loved ones. These memories are what keeps them in our lives even when they are gone. I feel like I'm more sensitive to losing loved ones after my dad died in 2013, but it's so heartbreaking to know what the immediate families of these two beautiful souls are going through right now. They will laugh and cry as they hear stories they have never heard before from friends and family. I remember feeling happy that my dad affected so many people in ways that I never knew but also so sad about it. 

There was a death last week of my coworker's father and now these two. I've been crying a lot...

I hope you have plenty to be thankful for this week. Please share them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!