Thursday, July 25, 2024

Merry Christmas in July; Day Five


There are so many Christmas projects to make in only seven days! I chose the seven that I thought would be easy to work with in July. Now this is completely different and I absolutely love it! Are you one of those people who wrap with so much detail that it's hard to unwrap the gift because you don't want to mess up the wrapping? I'm not. LOL

I do like to make my own gift tags (Check out my 12 Days of Christmas Tags Series HERE) and I'm going on my sixth or seventh year of doing them, but I thought I'd try something different for this Merry Christmas in July series which sorta coordinates with customized gift tags.


Customized ribbon! I'm going to use infusible ink from my stash which I rarely use and a roll of red velvet-like ribbon. I thought of all sorts of seasonal phrases but then I thought, if I use them, no one would know that I actually made the ribbons...so I decided to really customize them by putting each of my granddaughters’ names on them.

The key is to use polyester ribbons in order to use the infusible inks. Because the ribbon was 2.5”, I made the height of the names 1.5” and this roll was 9 feet so I used 3’ for each girl.


I wish I would have used a lighter ribbon but I used what I had. I also wished I was one of those people who knows how to tie a beautiful bow. But these will do!


What do you think? Pretty awesome, right? Check out the YT video to see how these were done. If you don't have infusible ink, you could also use HTV for the same effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!