Friday, September 29, 2023

Planter Boxes Updo; Cricut Stencil Vinyl Review

Y'all know I love a good updo and these certainly fit the bill. Hubby made these wooden planter boxes for me and of course I had to jazz them up! 


When adding colors to my projects, I seem to always gear towards our favorite sports teams which is great for color but I didn't want to continue the theme with team logos or obvious sports icons.



Since I planned on stenciling some sort of phrase and using the Cricut Stencil Vinyl I purchased, I went through Design Space for garden phrases and there were a lot. I saw the "Rooting for ya" phrase and it was a light bulb moment! Yes, roots = plants, but it also can be root as in "Root, root, root for the home team". Yes, perfect for the orange & black planter box. 

Check out the YouTube video to see how I was inspired for the second planter box and how I created the stencils in order to add the phrases to them. 


What's my opinion of Cricut Stencil Vinyl? PASS I'll give it another try with a different surface, but I will not use it again for a wood project. It did not stick AT ALL to it. I have plenty left on my roll so I will try on a canvas or possibly paper, we'll see. Either way, I'll let you know.

One of the main reasons for dressing up these wooden planters is because who knows if whatever I decide to plant will grow. I always say I have a brown thumb and cannot grow anything, but this year has really changed. I'm channeling my son since he always had a green thumb. It's very exciting to see flowers bloom, veggies produce and everything in between. And if for some reason they don't, I don't have to worry because these boxes add color to our backyard either way!  Win-Win

If Instagram is your thing, be sure to follow me there since I post more photos and updates.  My account name is @3sons_and_astar.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!