Friday, September 1, 2023

Garden Bricks; Love To Craft Challenge Blog


If you follow me on any of my social media channels, you know that I love to craft. Which is why I am so happy to be part of the Love To Craft Challenge Blog Design Team. LTCCB encourages all kinds of projects as long as it's crafty! Check out my project for the current challenge. This one goes from September 1st to October 15th.


I was gifted a Words In Stone kit from my sister so my daughter and I made some bricks using cement. I finally took the time to paint them and I love the way they turned out!


I decided to start on my son's brick first. He loved gardening and had a green thumb. His specialties were tomatoes and peppers, so I wanted to put them on the garden brick. I pulled a bunch of acrylic paints and different size paint brushes and just went for it.

Using different shades of the same colors gives each of these tomatoes and peppers some interest and dimension. And then some white highlights really make them pop!


DD and I weren't sure if we liked the bricks since they looked more like cement rectangles than bricks, but it made such a huge difference once they are painted.



Don’t they look great in their new homes? I'm excited to make more and maybe come up with a poem or something. We'll see!

I also have an InstaGram account if you're interested in seeing more of my crafty goodies. Follow me @3sons_and_astar.  I'd love to see you over there!

Be sure to click over to the LTCCB and link up your crafty creations! All crafty things are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!