Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Got Scraps? CutCardStock DT Project


Got Scraps? Of course you do! Today's card focuses on using those paper scraps. All of the paper scraps that I'm using are from CutCardStock.


I pulled out two tones of a variety of colored cardstock and some gold glitter cardstock.  I wanted each circle to have a light and dark tone of the same color but you can choose to do whatever you like. Once I decided on colors, I used an inch & a quarter (1 1/4") circle punch and then used my cutter to cut each circle in half. Now my paper cutter has a little well and these circles fit perfectly in there to get a perfect half circle slice.

Once I cut all the circles in half, I used adhesive tape strips to adhere the circles together to make it easier when deciding on the locations on the card front.

I needed 12 total circles (24 half circles) to cover the standard A2 card (four rows of three).


Once I adhered the circles, I added a 2.75" vellum circle to anchor the stamped image of the two China dolls. Aren't they so cute?! I was gifted these stamps as well as many others from a fellow stamping friend of mine.

I used Cougar Smooth white cardstock from CCS to stamp both the images and the sentiment. I also used this cardstock for the cardbase. The Cougar Smooth cardstock is my GO TO especially when stamping!

The white in the circles is the Wedding Cake Textured White cardstock. I don't have a list of which colored cardstocks that I used, but they are all from CCS along with the glitter gold cardstock. I love their glitter cardstock because it's inbedding into the paper so you don't get glitter everywhere!

The China dolls were colored with a variety of water based and alcohol markers. I love the scratchy look to the kimonos! Super simple and nothing fancy!


Here's another angle:

And a YouTube process video:


Be sure to click over to the CutCardStock blog to be inspired with all sorts of paper projects and to see my blog post as well.

Check out the website for all your paper needs. They are constantly having sales on their already low prices! I love using their cardstock for all my paper projects!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!