Tuesday, January 10, 2023

JJ Spread; Lungs in SF

I have not worked in my Junk Journal in a long time and every time I crack it open, I wonder, why not?!

I love all the messy goodness already inside and the fact that I am contributing to more inky/painty/scrappy goodness is a bonus.

December was nuts and we spent more than half of it at the hospital. I felt the need to document this time in my artsy Junk Journal.

As always, the first thing I did was open up the JJ to find a two page unfinished spread that I could use for it. Once I found the pages, I applied white gesso to them to give me a "blank" space to start. From there I drew a pair of lungs with a black Stabilo pencil (which reacts with water), colored the inside and outside of the lungs with an assortment of Gelato sticks; did some random stamping and mark making to get here.


Check out the YouTube process video below:


Now, the problem with stopping and starting the video camera is I often think I'm starting but often stopping, etc. That's exactly what happened when I was filming this. UGH! Unfortunately, I didn't film while I was doing all the mark making and coloring.

One of the pulmonary doctor's had a logo on his vest that had the SF skyline inside a pair of lungs. I wanted to emulate it in this spread. I found the silhouette skyline of SF online and did my best to copy it across the lungs. I think I did a great job.


I was debating about the small photo of the Golden Gate Bridge, but decided to use it since we could see it out the window on the ICU floor.  

If you like this type of post, stay tuned because I am going to be doing more and more of messy play in 2023! My six signature Junk Journal is so close to being finished that I have decided this is an achievable goal - finish this journal so I can create another one!

If you haven't already, while you're in YouTube, check out my Junk Journal playlist. There are many flip throughs and tutorials that I know you'll enjoy. 




Products Used:
Gelato sticks (Snowcone, Blueberry, Acqua Dolce, and Banana)
Illustrated Faith crayons
Posca White Marker (fine point)
Ranger White Paint pen
Silver paint pen
Lila Gray/Bloom Art Elements Stamp; her shop is no longer active in Etsy
Stabilo black pencil
White and Black acrylic paints
White Gesso


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!