Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Grand Canyon Layout; CutCardStock and Cricut


Boy do I love creating layouts using CutCardStock paper and my Cricut. I found this cool image on Design Space and then grabbed Pop Tone Orange Fizz, Tangy Orange, Basis Gold, Kraft and Gumdrop Green cardstock to create it for my photos of the Grand Canyon. All of these colored cardstock are from CutCardStock.


The image was changed to 11” tall so it could take half the page and really stand out!


After putting the pieces together, I realized it needed some inked edges. This made such a big difference. I don’t always think to do this. It’s a simple way to add dimension without bulk. I also added some additional embellishments on the sun & cactus using markers.


The Grand Canyon title is also from Design Space. I used a square to ‘slice’ the bottom of the frame since I only wanted the words. (I originally cut the background in black but then decided not to use it for the final layout)

I matted the patterned paper in Vanilla Bean Brown cardstock and gutted the middle so I could also mat the photos.



Two photos, cut banners and information from a sticker I purchased at the Grand Canyon completes the layout!

Be sure to check out the post on the CutCardStock blog to see more of this project as well as others.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!