Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Shake It Up This St. Patrick's Day (Bash Your Stash; Shaker Elements)


I've been on a shaker card roll. They are so fun and can be used for (almost) any occasion. I don't normally send St. Patrick's Day cards, but hey, why not now?

I used my Cricut to design/cut the shamrocks out of a rectangle base. What I also did was cut a circle shape slightly larger than the shamrock. The reason why is I thought it would be easier to adhere the 3D foam tape to the circle shape versus the odd shape of the shamrocks.

Check out the video below to see how I created the shaker elements first & then put the card together:

What inspired me to create my own shaker elements? I purchased a Halloween shaker element pack for $6.99 for no other reason than it look fun. When I went to put it away, I noticed that I have four different Halloween shaped confetti. What?! I really should return it but is one of the return choices, stupidity?

That made me realize that I can create my own shaker elements. So I dug in and Bashed My Stash! I'm imagining that this will be a great project if I'm ever in a creative funk and just want to play.

Watch the video, see how I fix a big mistake and still come out with a fun card.




I love the addition of the Cool Pool and Gold Color Silks to finish the card - just what it needed!

If you're not already, be sure to hit the subscribe button on my YouTube channel and the bell if you want to be notified of any new videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!