Thursday, March 18, 2021

Life Can Be Prickly, Bloom Any Way; JJ Spread

Working in the Junk Journal again on a two page spread. I love this wonky circles and decided to film the process.

In 2019, I visited my mom and sister in Tucson and it was during the time when the cacti were blooming. I took a ton of photos - I'm not even lying! Many I put in a scrapbook but there are many that are still sitting in the photo envelope. I pulled two out to add to this spread.

Watch the video here:

More photos:



It's so fun using the best tool - my fingers - to create this bright spread. I changed the circles to look more like cacti by adding "needles" with the black pencil and making the white dots into flowers.

Products:
Acrylic Paints by Apple Barrel in Vineyard Green, Wintergreen, Parakeet and White
Faber Castell Gelatos in Banana and Watermelon
Illustrated Faith "Goodness" Green Crayon
Faber Castell White Pitt Pen
POSCA Yellow Paint Pen
Stabilo Pencil in Black
Dollar Tree White Metallic Pen
Black Archival Ink Pad
Variety of Letter Stamp Sets from my stash (large sets from SU!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!