Sunday, December 27, 2015

Wooden Tree

Yay!  I was a top pick for this challenge.  I'm so excited since I won a stencil of my choice.  
Woo Hoo!!


Another Christmas Tree decoration completed.  My friend Dawn purchased this tree from Hobby Lobby for 50% off.  I only asked for one since I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with it.

I took some music scrapbook paper and mix-media'd it.  I used a mixture of acrylic paint, various inks, glitter mist, charcoal pencil, stencils (Tim Holtz alphabet and a circle stencil from Stampin Up!) also some random supplies like bottle lids, toilet tissue rolls, stamps, etc.  I wish I took a before picture, but of course I didn't.  Here's the paper after I worked on it.

Then I cut these sheets into strips of 1 1/2" and adhered to the painted wood planks.

I used a scrap piece of paper and cut out some stars using my Cricut machine and theJoys of the Season cartridge.  Added some sequins and viola!


I'm entering this in the STAMPloration Blog's challenge for Stencil Sunday #23.  Click HERE to go directly to the challenge.



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've done here Dorlene...a fab project. Thanks for joining in the December Stencil Sunday challenge. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!