Thursday, December 17, 2015

Redneck Wine Glasses

I'm the crafty one at my work and every so often, I'll host "Craft Time" with my coworkers.  Usually I try to find something that everyone can do.  We've made our own chalkboard paint and did some painting; cookie mix in a jar; rosette wreaths; Valentine's crafts; and peppermint bark on a stick.  This year, we made Redneck Wine Glasses.  What are these, you ask??  Take a look at the finished project:
Basically, it's a mason jar on a glass candlestick holder.  They are so cute!  We made a total of 24 of these!  I took home eight of them, but don't worry about that.  LOL

To make these glasses, apply a thin line of E6000 glue to the rim of the candlestick top edge and place on the bottom of the jar - center it.  That's it!!  The glue needs to sit for 24 hours.

I always have to add a little paper crafting so these little Christmas bulb tags were added.  I cut them out using my Creat a Critter Cricut cartridge.  Punched two holes on top of the black base (as an after thought, I should have used gray versus black) and tied the string to it and around the jar.

Here's a photo of more of them together:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!  I hope they are not peeking, but I plan on giving these to my sister and brother-in-law since they regularly use jars as cups AND they are wine drinkers so they are perfect.  I am planning on also wrapping a pair with some wine for a White Elephant gift for my son's Ugly Sweater Party tomorrow evening.

These "glasses" cost $2.00 + tax to make.  The stems were purchased from the Dollar Tree for umm...a dollar and a dozen mason jars were $11.97.  I already had the E6000 glue so SCORE!

Some of my coworkers were saying they would fill theirs up with candy and give them that way...me?  I want to fill with a mini-bottle of wine/champagne or some kind of booze.  Oh well, 'Tis the Season!

I have not tried to purchase these, but I heard they sell in the range of $10 to $15 each...crazy!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!