Sunday, December 20, 2015

Holiday Blocks

Holiday blocks (approximate size 2 1/2" X 1").  These wooden blocks were given to me by someone who "knew I could do something with them".  They were in a box full of assorted sized children's building blocks.
I'm entering these in the Happy Little Stampers: Mixed Media Challenge.  Find their site HERE


I made these little mixed-media blocks in one day.  I had these blocks on my work desk for awhile and knew what I wanted to do with them, but not exactly what.  I finally just started adding paper and paint, ink, etc and came up with these four.

The first layer of each of these are scanned copies of a design I made in my Art Journal.

Supplies vary from:  scrap paper, white sigma pen, black ink, script stamp, white acrylic paint, watercolor pens, charcoal pencil, stamps, markers, modge podge, glitter glue and gesso.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love these!! You decorated them so beautifully!! They look amazing!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun, Dorlene. I love these blocks. What a nice idea. Now I want to go looking for some blocks of wood to use too! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers' Mixed Media challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! These are adorable! I love the idea altogether - and LOVE all the colors and textures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Dorlene...I love using wooden blocks. Thanks for joining us at the HLS Mixed Media challenge this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very wonderful are these all! They look amazing together, but are also individually each a work of art! Gorgeous, I so love this style... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - so cute! What a great idea. I love how they look together and apart. That snowman is TOO cute! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just adorable ..... Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!