Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Snowdrops; Flower of the Month

January's Flower of the Month digi stamps from Lila Grey Stamps are snowdrops.  My color selection was inspired by the Tuesday Color Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com.  Last weeks' color combination was Hello Honey, Rose Red and Garden Green (all colors by Stampin' Up).  The challenge does not require you to use Stampin' Up inks, but shades similar.  I did not have any of these inks colors from SU!, but I do have the CTMH Honey and I used Melon Mambo and an assortment of greens from my stash.

The digi image is from Lila Grey and part of the Flower of the Month series.  Click here to get to the link.

Mask the flowers with masking fluid
Watercolor pencil and water brush for stems and leaves
Alcohol marker to shade around the flowers
Darker green marker to shade around the stems and leaves
Direct from pad to page areas with Seafoam ink
Stencil Honey ink around the page (I used a homemade stencil)
Spritz two shades of green mist around the page
Draw circles with charcoal pencil in top right corner; smear the marks with wet finger
Drop some Melon Mambo reinker to craft sheet and water down.  Drip splotches around the page in random places; smear areas in the corners
Stamp script stamp with silver metallic ink around the page
Swipe black ink pad in random areas (to make lines)
Using a small circle stencil; add more silver metallic ink around the page.
Remove mask from flowers and touch up white with white sigma pen

Mixed Media Products:
watercolor pencil and markers; ink pads; reinker; charcoal pencil; alcohol marker; metallic ink

Tools:
Fingers; water brush; paint brush; masking fluid; stencils; script stamp

Photo with supplies used:

Photo of completed page:


5 comments:

  1. Just popping in to say hi and Merry Christmas! Your mixed media creation is just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love those beautiful flowers!! The background looks amazing!! Wow!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of people who can relax and have fun with mixed media. I can't seem to get past trying to make it "perfect". Your page is wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're talking about. I started an art journal for just playing and it really helped me with mixed media and letting go of trying to be perfect. Now I love it!

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful creation. You do such fabulous work with mixed media. I hope someday to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!