Thursday, October 5, 2023

Christmas Parade Layout; CutCardStock

Having good quality cardstock is a must when creating paper projects especially when using a cutting machine like the Cricut. I love the variety of colors, prices and quality that CutCardStock has on the website. Be sure to sign up for their email list because they are always having sales!

I'm close to completing 2021 and I'm now scrapbooking Christmas! There is always so much to do and see during the month of December and I have challenged myself to take at least one photo a day during this month. It's my December Daily challenge but of course as you can see, some days I take way more than one photo!


This layout showcases our town's Christmas Parade. After living here for 20 years, can you believe this is the first year that I've attended? Could it have something to do with the fact that my granddaughter was in the parade?

Living in an agriculture town means there's always a tractor or two in the parade and that was my inspiration for this layout. 


I used images from Cricut Design Space to create cute embellishments and CutCardStock for all the cardstock - see the list & links below. I also used Pepper Red for the layout base. 

Here's a cool tip. After cutting out the tractor pieces, I used the remaining piece of the 12x12 cardstock as the base. The patterned paper strips cover the cut away areas perfectly.


Here's the Design Space link if you'd like to create something similar. I may have selected the hardest image to put together since there are lots of small pieces but it all came together. Each piece was highlighted with either black, white or a clear marker.



The patterned paper strips are cut at 11.5” long and 5, 3.5, and 2.25” wide.

Do you need paper crafting inspiration? Be sure to check out the CCS Blog for a variety of paper projects!


Be sure to check out the process video:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!