Thursday, June 24, 2021

Month In Review Layout Using a Sketch

Hey there! Do you work with sketches when creating layouts? I love to use sketches especially when I'm experiencing creative block and need a jump start on my layout. This Month In Review (MIR) single page layout was using a sketch from Scrapping The Day Away with AnnMarie.

If you love to scrapbook, then I strongly encourage you to click over and become a member of this new scrapbooking site. My friend, AnnMarie has created this one stop spot for scrapbooking and is so much fun! There's a free membership and paid membership and both offer scrapbooking & more scrapbooking fun. She had asked if I wanted to be part of the first Design Team for her site and of course I said YES.

Here's my layout:

A quick process video:
Details:
  • The teal base patterned paper is a map and I placed the 11x11 piece of floral paper right on top of it.
  • I chose the floral because it had the teal to match the map paper and also the red to coordinate with the photo. I chose the teal map paper for obvious reasons!
  • The strips are 1.5 x 12" but as you can see from the video, one of them was cut in half to make two .75" strips.
  • Circles are 2.75" and were cut from a punch.
  • The fun die cut embellishments are from the Simple Stories Going Places collection.
  • Black Liquid Pearls were purchased from Close To My Heart.
This was a pretty simple MIR layout since there wasn't much going on this month. Do you create MIR layouts? I got this idea from Janet* of RTS Scrapbooking years ago and have created a MIR ever since. Her intention was to do this for December versus creating a December Daily album, but I thought it was a great idea for each month. There is always something going on during the month which don't necessarily need an entire layout to document but you still want to record the memory.

*Janet has stopped creating new content video on YouTube but her older videos are awesome! She has moved over to Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!