Monday, June 21, 2021

BBTB2; Masculine Project Challenge


It's my turn to host the current two week challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 (BBTB2) challenge blog. I chose the challenge theme of...masculine. I know we've all been making great masculine projects with our Cricuts for Father's Day, now let's show them off!

I made these simple, inexpensive & cool customized drink coasters using some mini pallets I found at the Dollar Tree and of course, my Cricut.



I filmed a quick process video so you can see how quick & easy this project is. I hope you decide to do something like this on your own!

Since I didn't have any wood stain and I wanted these to have some color, I thinned out acrylic paint with water and sponged it on. They look great! I then did a "D" search in Design Space and this simple "D" from the Split Monogram set popped up. I did have to unlock the image to stretch it out a little in order to fit the pallet but other than that, it was that simple!

Check out the video to get more details:

I wrapped them up with a six pack of hubby's favorite beer to make this the perfect Father's Day gift!

Be sure to click over to the BBTB2 site to check out the Design Team projects and to link your masculine project as well. Please be sure to mention how you used your Cricut for your project! 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful coaster idea. Will definitely watch video and see how you created.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful masculine project. These coasters are so perfect for a Father's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of those pallets as coasters. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic make! You always come up with the most creative ideats!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great gift and you did a great job! (I might have to steal this idea!)
    Cynthia- Gardenias and Glitter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!