Friday, March 16, 2018

QQ Club Q Project; Twisted Pop Up Card

Hey there, I'm ready to share my Club Q project with you. Not only does Club Q predesign layouts and project kits, but there's so much more you can do with them. I love the Spring Showers paper collection. It's so pretty and I just had to create something that shows it off so I pulled some papers and die cuts from the kits and made a couple of Twisted Pop Up cards.

I made one for my sister-in-law's 60th birthday and the other for my mom for Mother's Day. I can't wait to see their reaction to this fun, interactive and pretty card!

Before adhering the patterned papers, I inked all edges in Key Largo Powder Puff Chalk Ink.

Check out my instructional video and then make your own twisted pop up card.

Measurements as promised:
Cut three pieces of cardstock at the following measurements:
Card Base: 4 1/4 x 11 (score at 5 1/2)
Mechanism: 3 x 8 (scored at 1 1/2 on short side and 4" on long side then mark at 2 1/2" from the right and left on the top and bottom. Score an "x" to connect the marks)
Twisted Base: 3 3/4 x 11 (score at 2 3/4 at each end; flip it over and score at 5 1/2; fold it into a "w")

Patterned paper:
Three pieces cut at 4 x 5 1/4 (mark at 2" at the top and each side then cut the corners off on two of these pieces)
Four pieces cut at 2 1/2 x 3 1/2

I said it in the video, but I can't stress this enough, be sure to decorate the four panels before adhering the twisted base to the mechanism. It'll make your life so much easier!

Quick Quotes Supplies Used:
Spring Showers patterned paper
Key Largo Powder Puff Chalk Ink
Flower die cuts,
Flat back pearls and brads from March, 2018 Club Q kit

Other Products Used:
Stamps by CTMH
Ranger Black Archival Ink Pad
Doily from my stash



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!