Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Get Better With Age; Sketch n Scrap Card #260


Do you struggle making masculine cards? I know I do. I decided to create one for this card sketch by Sketch n Scrap.


I used a stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey (currently Spellbinders) to create my background and focal images for this card. The sentiment is from CTMH.



To create the background, I placed three of the stamps on the acrylic block and stamped them across the piece of 5x3.75" red paper using Versamark Ink; sprinkled white embossing powder over the images and then used a heat gun to set. I found a blue piece of cardstock in my scrap bin and cut it to 5.5x1". Card making is the perfect time to use paper scraps!

I stamped the sentiment directly on a piece of white cardstock measuring 3.5x2". The two focal images were stamped and fussy cut on more scrap paper before adding to the left of the sentiment box.

The inside greeting was stamped in the middle of the card but also some beer bottles lined the right side. I'll tell you a secret...I wasn't planning on putting those bottles on the side, but I got some ink smudge there so instead of freaking out...I decided to embellish.

I found the little clip on my desktop so I decided to add that with a little rolled piece of twine. That little bit plus some stars were the only embellishments needed to complete the card. Nothing fancy but perfect for a masculine birthday card!

Be sure to check out Sketch n Scrap for your card & layout sketches. They post two of each sketches a month on their blog and on their FaceBook group.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card!! I love twine and the stamping on the inside of the card! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!