Thursday, May 5, 2022

Masculine Cards - Mixed Media Style!


A friend asked me the other day if I had any masculine birthday cards and when I looked, I only had one...and now I have none! Why is it so hard to make masculine cards? I decided to challenge myself to make more and using a sketch from Sketch n Scrap made it so easy!

You know I love using sketches for my layouts, but they are just as convenient for making cards! I used this sketch for my card:

And here's my card:


To make this card, 
I used a masterboard that I had created some time ago. I added a little bit more black & white splatters plus some scribbles using a regular pencil. Then I cut them down to the panel sizes I needed. For this card, I had a 3" square plus a 4x5.25" panel. 
  • I matted both panels with black and added a second white mat to the 3" square panel. The cardbase is white so that was the white "mat" for the larger panel.
  • I adhered the car with 3D foam adhesive and placed it near the bottom right of the 3" panel.
  • Heat embossed the sentiment and cut them into strips before adhering to the card.
  • Added a metal "brad" to the left of the sentiment. 
The mixed media masterboard did all the work in this card! Isn't it super fun! There are other samples of cards that I made using the same masterboard. Click HERE to see the process video for these two.




Now it's your turn! Click over to the Sketch n Scrap challenge blog and create a card using the sketch!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!