Monday, January 25, 2021

Handmade Embellishments Swap

I signed up for a handmade embellishment swap in one of the scrapbooking Facebook groups that I'm a member of. The theme is adventure/outdoors. I signed up because we did a lot of hiking during the Spring/Summer last year and am hoping to get some great embellishments.

I purchased a stamp set from Close To My Heart (CTMH) recently and decided to use this as my base and work from there.
Although it is one stamp, I used it in three different ways. First I stamped the entire image in black on white cardstock; then I stamped the tree portion in green also on white cardstock; the "STAY WILD" was stamped on woodgrain paper in black ink.

I used my oval cutter from Stampin Up! in a beautiful yellow cardstock as the base and inked the edges with chalk ink from Quick Quotes; fussy cut the stamped image and the green trees; adhered the woodgrain paper strip before adding the tree w/foam adhesive.

As an afterthought, I used a watercolor marker & water brush to add some color behind the trees. Once that dried, I used a white pen to add dots.

I'm mailing them out today. I can't wait to see what I get in return!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!