Monday, July 8, 2019

Anything But A Card; BBTB2 Challenge

The current challenge at the Bitten By The Bug (BBTB2) blog is ANYTHING BUT A CARD.

My mind started spinning with possibilities and as good luck has it, we are having a Diaper Shower for one of my coworkers later this month.  Since baby gifts are my favorite to make and give, I knew I was going to create something wonderful for them.

Diaper Showers are exactly what they sound like...we shower the new parents with diapers. Well, you know I couldn't just bring a plain ol' pack of diapers! Heavens NO!

I used my Cricut and the New Arrival cartridge to create the stork & tag. I can't take credit for the diaper bundle idea...I saw something similar on Pinterest and loved it - so much easier to make than a diaper cake.


To make the diaper bundle, you need a total of 15 rolled diapers for this project; 4 on the bottom layer, then 3, 2, 1 to build a pyramid. The pack I purchased has 30 diapers so I double rolled them. It takes 20 diapers for this bundle. I purchased some receiving blankets to wrap around the diaper pyramid and then tied it off with a ribbon.

I added additional receiving blankets to the bottom before wrapping it all up with a clear heat wrap bag from the Dollar Tree. I also bought that wonderful pink burlap ribbon from the Dollar Tree.

The stork was cut at 7 1/2" and the "it's a girl" tag at 2.5". I used a glitter pen to add some sparkle to the stork's wings and hatband. I also added an outlet to the hat so I could tie it onto the bundle without tearing it.

Now it's your turn...show us your project as long as it's not a card and link it to the BBTB2 challenge site. Be sure to let us know how you used your Cricut.


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute and what a fun (and pretty) way to give diapers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Your project sure looks special, too pretty to unwrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a precious project! It's too cute to unwrap! love it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!