Like I'm sure most of us did, I initially thought of making a St. Patrick's Day project but decided to make something with a cactus instead.
I took a chance on another HOT MESS CANVAS. My first attempt was unsuccessful since I used shelf liner for the mask and the paint seeped through too much. This time I used vinyl. Huge difference! The vinyl stuck better to the canvas and there was no seepage!
I started painting the canvas and then decided to film...oh my gosh, it is hilarious! I didn't set up my tripod and just used my hand to film and it is ALL over the place. I was going to discard the whole thing, but then I decided to use it. I hope you're not too annoyed and think it's funny too.
So...here's the final project:
I used multiple shades of green and purple acrylic paint to cover the canvas. Since it's called a hot mess canvas - don't worry about making it pretty - you just want it to be random.
Once your canvas is dried, adhere the vinyl. I used a little bit of Modge Podge to seal the vinyl to prevent seepage. When I say a little bit, I mean a little bit. I concentrated where the cut out words were but other than that, not much.
Paint over the mask with black acrylic paint. Be sure to pounce the brush over the mask as you would when painting over a stencil - again, this helps with seepage.
This is the hard part...waiting for the paint to dry. Once it does, remove the vinyl.
Don't forget to click on over to BBTB2 and join the current challenge. Create something inspired by the color GREEN.