Sunday, February 17, 2019

Love Your Guts

I bought some 6x8 canvases from the Dollar Tree and I gotta tell ya, I'm really impressed with the quality. The canvas material is really thick and held the paint beautifully.

I grabbed three paint colors, teal, yellow and pink and painted the entire canvas in messy splotches. Of course I didn't take a photo.

While that was drying, I cut out the sentiment using shelf liner that I purchased from Walmart to create a mask. (The sentiment was a Design Space freebie.)

Once the mask was adhered to the canvas, I painted a couple of coats of white acrylic paint over the sentiment and all over the canvas. I didn't want to use my more expensive vinyl, but I definitely learned my lesson. The shelf liner was very thin and didn't stick well to the canvas. I burnished it as much as I could, but it still allowed lots of paint seepage.

I ended up using a Sharpie to outline the sentiment. 

My first attempt at a messy canvas wasn't what I hoped, but it was a learning experience. This is definitely something I will do again. In fact, I think this will be a great project with my granddaughter and glad I experimented first.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!! I love the colors and how you outlined the sentiment!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!