Monday, February 11, 2019

Love Bug; Bitten By The Bug II

The current challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 site is Valentine's Hearts. That's an easy one for this time of the year and there were so many options that were going through my head.

This is my first project as a member of their Design Team and I have to be honest, I was a little nervous when creating my project since I want to start off with a BANG.

I used the Simply Charmed cartridge and my Cricut Explorer* to cut this super cute LOVE BUG and the Art Philosophy cartridge for the POSTAGE STAMP background shape.

*Yes, I still use my Explorer and cartridges...sometimes it's just easier than bringing my laptop into the Command Center, going on-line, etc. Especially for simple cuts.



You can't tell in the photo, but the LOVE BUG is attached with a wobbler. I tried to take a photo of it wobbling, but it just didn't turn out.

I added some black pen stitching around the bug's shell and clear Wink of Stella sparkle on the heart.

Be sure to click on over to BBTB2 for inspiration and to upload your own Valentine's project. There are new rules at the site, please read the rules but basically you don't have to use a Cricut image. You are free to use any SVG image as long as it's cut using your Cricut machine.

Cartridges Used:
Simply Charmed; Love Bug
Art Philosophy; Postage Stamp

3 comments:

  1. So absolutely adorable!! The love bug is too cute!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you definitely started out with a bang. I love all the little details and the ladybug wobbler. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great background paper for the prettiest ladybug! sweet project!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!