Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Having Fun With Club Q

Hi there, this month I'll be making some fun cards using one of the June Quick Quotes Club Q kit projects. The projects included in the Club Q kits are fabulous but if you find one you don’t have a need for, you can always create your own projects.

This is the contents of one of the project kits that I’ll be using today:

I love the colors and all the embellishments so tried to use as many of them as I could. You'll see that I used one sheet of the 12x12 pattern paper, the yellow strip and red patterned paper.

First thing I did was cut the 12x12 piece into four 4 x 5 1/4 pieces and inked with Lipstick PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I cut the left over strip into four 3 x 4 pieces and used the backside. I inked those with Light Moss PowderPuff Chalk Ink.

I then cut the yellow strip into 3” pieces and inked the edges with Sandy Shore PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I also stamped the sentiment directly on the strips using Cool Gray PowderPuff Chalk Ink.

I stamped the frog image directly to the paper for placement.
These are the PowderPuff Ink pads that I used

  • Added ink around the frog image with Sandy Shore PowderPuff Chalk Ink to create a shadow and base for the frog.
  • Punched a starburst from clear vellum
  • Gathered black thread and use the enamel dots from the kit to adhere it down.
  • Included in the kit is a cardstock piece with tags so I punched them all out and used the left over piece to cut 4” pieces and punched the edge with a notebook punch to add some more color and interest.
  • Stamped the frog image with onto white cardstock and colored the image with Cactus and Light Moss PowderPuff Chalk Inks and then fussy cut and adhered to the card with 3D foam dots.


I think they turned out so cute! The sentiment is perfect for any occasion.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
June Club Q
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Cool Gray, Cactus, Light Moss, Lipstick, Sandy Shore

Other Products Used:
Heavy white cardstock card bases
Clear Vellum
Black Thread
Punches: starburst, notebook edge
Black Archival Ink
Black Color Silk



1 comment:

  1. The fun background pattern goes perfectly with your dancing frog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!