Friday, May 4, 2018

QQ May Monthly Challenge

Hi there it’s my turn to host the Monthly Challenge for May on the Quick Quotes blog. I’d like to challenge you to use a 3D element in your project this month. It can be any project from a scrapbook layout, card or anything else you are inspired to create.

I created a card which I will be giving to my friend’s daughter for her graduation. I love this quote from the Farmhouse FA500 sheet, “You were made for amazing things.” I cut this from the full 12x12 sheet, inked with Cool Gray PowderPuff Chalk Ink and attached to the inked and layered patterned papers. The papers for this card is the front and back sides of the Spring Showers SG102. I inked each piece with Tropical Punch and Island Orange PowderPuff Chalk Inks.

The curved floral piece, butterflies, and pearls were all from one of the kits in the March Club Q. I inked each butterfly with either Vanilla Cream, Tropical Punch or Island Orange PowderPuff Chalk inks and then placed a flat back pearl to each. The larger butterfly is attached in the center (body) to allow the wings to be up.



The Tropical Punch butterfly is adhered flat on one side and wings up on the other. Before adhering the panel to the card base, I wrapped some natural twine around it and tied a three loop bow.

This card had no stamping, just QQ products. I think it’s so pretty and I love the sentiment!

Now it’s your turn, create a project using a 3D element and link it to the Quick Quotes May monthly challenge.

Have fun!

PowderPuff Chalk Inks Used:
Cool Gray
Island Orange
Tropical Punch
Vanilla Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!