Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Creative With Stamps; May Challenge

I can't believe it's May already! Wow, time is flying by and Mother's Day is right around the corner. Which brings me to the May challenge at Creative With Stamps:

Sponsor:


Prize:
Products of your Choice

I received these gorgeous images from our sponsor. These images are not something I would normally use and that's why I WANTED to use them.

I arranged the image and sentiment on my computer before printing them onto white cardstock. Once I did that, I pulled out my pastel chalks and an eyeshadow applicator to color the image. I used a gold marker and white pen to embellish the image as well as flat back pearls. Once the image was complete, I printed an extra image on white copy paper to use as a mask. After fussy cutting her out, I placed the mask over the colored image and sentiment using repositionable adhesive.

I stamped two different background stamps with two different colored inks over the entire piece. Once I did that, I splattered gold, black and sparkle silk all over.

Matted with white cardstock and then a pink card base.

I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! Now it's your turn, click on over to the Creative With Stamps website to join the challenge!

Stamps Used for Background:
Floral Lace
French Script

Inks:
SU! Apricot Appeal
CTMH Champagne

Splatters:
Fun Stampers Journey Gold, Black Licorice & Sparkle Color Silks

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The background is perfect fro that image-LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorlene, you did a marvelous job with this creation. The image is wonderful, and all the wonderful things you did to embellish it are very effective. Love the subtle background stamping, splatters, soft color, pearls... just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! You gave it the perfect background. Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous card, you did an amazing job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!